There are many DIY projects that changed the world of many people. In the following video here you can see one customized car lift that not only elevates vehicles, but also it overcomes some of the imitation of a hydraulic system.
One of the positives of this do-it-yourself car lift is the inspiration in creating a tool that will help you and the others. Maybe you will think that welding steel bars together is very easy and is no big deal, but this thing is more than simply welding, it is a functional geometry too. The form of this vehicle lift works on a balance system and a weight. As a tool, it uses the weight of the car. This fact makes the project something more than simply welding. It is designed using angles that work only with the lower front end height of the cars. The angle of the car changes based on its environment, because the lift tilts, but the car stays in the same plane.
There are some benefits of the DIY Car Lift:
• Portability – it is a great benefit because you can load it onto a trailer and then moved it to a remote place. You can move it simply around the garage and this is one of the downfalls of the commercial system. When it is installed once, it becomes difficult to use that space for some other projects.
• Ergonomics – this car lift improves the ergonomic working conditions for the mechanic.
• Potential cost savings – it looks like it would be much cheaper to make this thing than to buy a hydraulic system. The mechanics can have this product because of the lower cost.
• Improved Performance – this do-it-yourself car lift allows the mechanics to work with some other lifting tools and it works well with the transmission lifts.
• Improved Safety – it is safer than using jacks in order to gain access to the underside of the car.
This car lift is really impressive and has a long list of benefits, but also there is an Achilles Heal. A lot of weight enforced force bumps the pivot hinge when the vehicle causes the lift to tilt backwards. That is a weak spot in this car lift. We are asking how difficult would be to repair or replace that joint. We want to hear your opinion about this car lift. Check out the video below.